Why get a SomaChair and/or Desk?
Is it time for a new chair, time to outfit your office to thrive?
- Are your lower back, hips, or shoulders sore?
- Do you hunch or slouch when you sit?
Is your current chair made for your specific workstyle? Forward, upright, semi or fully reclined short or long term sitting?
- Is your stomach compressed and not openly stretched by your seat?
- Do your shoulders roll inwards or become more open and relaxed by your chair back?
- Are you stuck to your seat or do you have free movement?
- Does your chair fit your body diversity or has it been designed to an unhealthy one-size/type-fits-all?
Does your chair help you stay in a flow state? Or do you currently experience distractions such as (fidgeting or numbness, or tingling or knots or pain in your lower back, upper back, neck, shoulders, arms or wrists or legs?
- You’ve come to the right place to fix this!
Experience what Ergonomic really means and join the Soma chair revolution.
We can’t wait to help you find a chair that fits you!
When you care about you, your business and the world. You get a Soma chair Soma Desk or complete Soma Office.
Get Your Seat in the Soma Body-science Revolution and you’ll be “Aligning with the Future”
“Somatic” is a fancy word that means “of the BODY” in Latin, used in connection with one’s health which expresses our health first approach. Soma is here to revolutionize the impact of the technology we spend more of our time in than anything else––our chairs and desks.
We spend more time in our chairs than anything else, including our mattress. But the chair industry wasn’t built with this in mind –– the most popular companies have built for form (design) over function (comfort). Soma is different based on the best research.
We’re pioneering the evolution of workplace wellness technology through our 35 years of BODY-SCIENCE research. This means Soma has based it’s design on expert research of world-class ergonomic experts, physicians, physical therapists and clinicians to support:
- unrivaled design for liberated upper body posture and pelvic stability, ideal back, hip, and shoulder support
- optimal breathing, stress reduction, and physiological comfort for the future of human posture
- the wide range of different body shapes and sizes of people (all genders!) out there, that designers and the workplace rarely accounts for.
What does SOMA stand for?
- Proven high return on your investment. One 3,200 employee company spent $225,000 on SomaChairs, keyboard trays and training. Their $3,000,000/yr workers comp costs dropped to just $1,000,000/yr. for a 721% return on investment.
- Future-forward, REAL ergonomic features. Our Body-Science design means SomaChairs are the only chairs clinically proven to decrease lower back pain, upper back/neck/shoulder tension, repetitive strain injury, sciatica, and more.
- More than a chair. A modular system. We account for diverse body shapes & sizes and versatile working styles with more size and options than any other manufacturer.
- Environment and Social-Responsibility is our bottom line. We use sustainable, non-toxic materials, like water-based formaldehyde-free glues, recycled/recyclable components and packaging, and organic, dye-free fabrics. This includes a Take Back program – we’ll refurbish, reconfigure, or recylce your old chairs as our commitment to this. Everything we do is to enhance the vitality of individual bodies, corporate bodies, and the environmental body we all live in.
- The only chairs designed in Silicon Valley & made in California, USA. And with top quality recycled & recyclable materials. Anatomically designed by posture scientists to the exact specifications of doctors with proven records of healing their clients, supporting optimal body alignment and ideal comfort that facilitate flow states that optimize performance.
Customers give Soma thumbs up ratings
Below are a very small sample from thousands of positive testimonials that customers have given SomaChairs over the past 25 years.
I have a customized Soma Comfort chair. It’s modular, so you can pick and choose the parts you want and it’s much more comfortable than any other chair I’ve used, including the Herman Miller chairs.
– Kevin Der, Quora Engineer
I have preferred only one chair company for the past eight years: Soma Ergonomics. There is only one chair style that I have recommended for the past eight years to be an integral part of the ergonomic programs that I have brought to companies either launching or expanding ergonomics programs. The Open System Seating SomaComfort/SomaForm chairs. There is no equivalent in my professional opinion.
– Melinda Bergquist, M.A., ATC, President, Ergonomic Consulting Services
In my 23 years of practice as a chiropractic physician and as a teacher of chiropractic at Palmer West College of Chiropractic, I have not been as excited about an ergonomically designed chair as your Soma chair and I will enthusiastically recommend it to my patients. . . . It is by far the most ergonomically advanced of all the desk/office/computer workstation chairs I have seen, many of which are double the cost.
– Ron Dunn, D.C. Instructor, Palmer West
I got the chair the other day, and it’s amazing! I never knew how uncomfortable I was before I got my new SomaChair. Thanks, Mark
Mark B. Taylor, CPA, MS Taxation, San Mateo, CA
Just days after I got my Soma chair I noticed my 20 year back pain was gone! I was able to work longer hours and to maintain better focus on running my business rather than on my back pain!
– Ron Michelson, Business Owner
I tried a lot of high end office chairs and settled on a Soma Comfort tall back chair. I am tall and have RSI and both of those affected my choice so it might not be the best for you, but it’s definitely worth trying out.– Adam D’Angelo, Quora CEO
Soma’s ThorSacTM backrests provide outstanding lumbar support for even the hard to fit body type.
– Eileen Vollowitz, PT, Founder of Back Designs and nationally recognized ergonomist
Soma chairs are so comfortable. They make all the difference. I have a repetitive strain injury and the SomaComfortTTM chair has really helped me at work. It supports you and they can tailor make it to fit you just right. I will be buying another. I love ‘em!
– Shelley Coleman
I love the chair, and my massage therapist hates it because he never sees me anymore. Yay! No more botox injections for the neck and shoulders!
– Diana Nichols, Court Reporter
Some days I can literally sit for 12 to 15 hours in a single day. My Soma chair is the first chair I have ever had in my 30 year career that I can sit in all day and be comfortable and productive without pain.
– Holly Woods PhD Master Life Coach HollyWoodsCoaching.com
My butt totally thanks you! I love my chair! It is beyond comfortable. Like sitting on a cloud. And you can quote me. I wrote my best-seller sitting on this chair. It is in my favorite red color. It is wonderful!
– Deb Dutcher, Founder www.sexyleanandstrong.com
A Short List of Clients
Here’s a partial list of valuable clients that have purchased ergonomic chairs and accessories from Soma Ergonomics.
3DFx, Adobe Systems, Agilent, AKAMAI Technologies, Inc., Alcatel, Altera Corporation, Amdahl Corporation, Apple Computer, Arkenstone, A.S.A.P. Mail, Ashtech, Asimba, AT&T Labs, Atari Games, Audible Magic, Banta Integrated Systems, Broadcom, BroadVision, Brooktrout Technology, Cadence Design Systems, Calico Commcerce, Claris Corporation, Compaq Computer Corp., Connect Direct, Encanto Networks, E*Trade, FatBrain.com, Gemplus, Genentech, GroupFire, Inc., Hewlett Packard, Hitachi, Hyundai Electronics of America, IBM, Icarian, ImproveNet, Informix Software, Intel, Inktomi, Lattice Semiconductor, Liquid Audio, LookSmart, LTX/Trillium, Lucent/Octel Messaging Devision, Lycos, Mentor Graphics, Mobileum, NASA/Ames Research Center, OnTrak Systems, Oracle, Packeteers, PeopleSoft, Personic Software, Pyramid Technologies, Rolm Business Communications, SAP Labs, Inc., Scale 8, SGI, Siemens, SL Corporation, SRI International, Sun Microsystems, Support.com, Woosh!, Xerox Corporation-PARC, Yahoo!
Healthcare, Biotech and Health Insurers
ABAG Worker’s Comp , AIG, A Better Life & Associates, Blue Cross of California, Calco Medical Management Corp., California Casualty, California Pacific Medical, Chubb Insurance Group, Cigna Healthcare, CNA Insurance, DNAX, El Camino Hospital, Farmer’s Insurance, Fireman’s Fund, Firm Solutions, First Pacific Corp., Guidant/ACS, Hand Therapy of San Francisco, Hartford Insurance, Inhale Therapeutics, Johnson & Johnson LifeScan, Kemper Insurance, Liberty Mutual, Matrix Absence Co., Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Repetitive Strain Institute, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center.
Manufacturing, Professional Services, etc.
Accent Paper, Albin Engineering Services, Allstate Insurance Research, Andersen Consulting, BHP Minerals International, Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, Chase Manhattan Bank and Trust, Coblenz, Patch, Duffy & Bass, Continental Risk Mgmt Service, Ellman Burke Hoffman & Johnson, Epic Wines, FMC, Foothill Bank, Geomatrix Consultants, Kenneth Rodrigues & Partners, Macy’s West – ELRD, Mayfield Fund, Morrison Knudsen Corp., Nepenthe’s Restaurant, Netscape AOL (GOES IN HIGH-TECH) , Pacific Bell, PG&E, Pillsbury Madison & Sutro LLP, Stanford Federal Credit Union, Steinhardt & Falconer.
LucasArts Entertainment Co., New York Metropolitan Opera, San Francisco Opera
Association of California School Administrators, Antioch Unified School District, Contra Costa County Schools, DeAnza College, Mission College, Mt. View/Los Altos UHSD, Oakland Unified School District, Occidental College, San Francisco State University, Stanford University, UCLA School of Dentistry.
Governmental Agency Customers
California Dept. of Rehabilitation, City of Mountain View, City of Oakland, City of Palo Alto, City & County of San Francisco, City of Hayward, City of Los Altos, City of San Carlos, City of San Jose, Contra Costa County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, City of Santa Monica, City of Sunnyvale, Department of Labor/OWPC, State of California, State of Oregon, Superior Court of CA
YMCA, Foundation for Global Community, Carnegie Foundation, Lucile Packard Foundation, Packard Foundation.